Source-RTL / Remote Time-Line is a workflow for remote ADR using Source-Connect and RTS without requiring the talent to operate a DAW. The talent only needs Source-Connect Standard and no DAW experience.
Source-RTL (Remote Time Line) is an extension for Source-Connect where the remote end can have its own encrypted video player with its timeline controlled by the studio engineer using Source-Connect's RTS (Remote Transport Sync) function. Source-RTL Creator allows you to create encrypted videos for your talent and it is a great tool for ADR (Automatic Dialog Replacement).
Source-RTL / Remote Time-Line is a solution workflow for remote ADR using Source-Connect and RTS without requiring the talent to operate a DAW. The talent only needs Source-Connect Standard and no DAW experience. Help your talent deliver their best without the distraction of technical concerns such as DAW sessions with video. Source-RTL is an easy-to-use addition to Source-Connect that allows remote fully frame-accurate voice recording to local picture, with minimal technical knowledge or effort for the remote talent.
What does Source-RTL Creator do?:
- Provides a synced copy of your Protools Video Timeline for the remote talent to watch while working with Source-Connect.
- High-level password encryption.
- Voice in perfect sync at the receiving end to be recorded into your DAW.
- Drag and Drop functionality for remote talent.
- Remote Transport Sync in Source-Connect Automatically compensates for latency.
- Controlled by the Studio Engineer's side.
- Makes ADR Easy for the talent, with the Source-RTL Player video playback they do not require to have a copy of the session and DAW open on their side!
When should you use Source-RTL Creator?:
- When the remote talent doesn't have a DAW or does not want to deal with sessions and technology.
- For an in sync recording of narration to picture.
- For in sync recording of ADR (Automatic Dialog Replacement).
What is needed to use Source-RTL?:
- On the engineering side, we recommend you use Source-Connect Pro using RTS with your video in DAW such as Protools. You have the Source-RTL creator to make the video player for the talent. Be sure to go through the RTS checklist.
- On the remote talent side, we recommend either Source-Connect Standard or Pro, note that having Source-Connect Pro on both ends allows you to have the added comfort of Q-Manager's full file replacement functionality. They receive the Source-RTL player with the Creator file from you so they can watch your DAW's timeline video in sync while being controlled by you.
Videos about Source-RTL Creator:
Here is an introductory video to source-RTL creator and how it is used.
Here is an in-depth video webinar about using RTS (Remote Transport Sync) and RTL (Remote Time Line) for ADR with Source-Connect.
We recommend that you keep an eye on our Academy for courses and webinars as they come up for products such as Source-Connect, Source-Connect Pro and more.